About Me

Karachi
I am Dr Sumaiya Hasan from Karachi, Pakistan.I have done my bachelors in dental surgery.I am a dry and antisocial yet a simple person.My philosophy of life is "be different and do different".I have special affection with nature. If I was not a dentist, I would have been a nature photographer or an artist. I have a poor power of expression and for this reason you wont find any frequent posts on my blog. I usually donot find enough time and words to express my feelings and experiences and most of the times post videos and pictures in relation to my feelings on my blog.

Readers

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Last Three Wishes Of Alexander


Just before he died, Alexander convened his generals and told them his last three wishes:
1 - That his coffin SHOULD BE carried on the shoulders and transported by the best doctors of the time.
2 - That the treasures he had conquered (silver, gold, precious stones), should be scattered on the path to the grave site, and ...
3 - That his hands should be dangling in the air, outside of the coffin, and in view of all.
One of his generals, astonished by these quite unusual desires, asked Alexander about his reasons.
Alexander explained to him:*
1 - I want the most eminent doctors from the land to load my coffin to show
that they did not have the power to heal in the face of death.
2 - I want the ground to be covered by my treasures for all to see that material goods conquered here, cannot be taken, so, also remain here.
3 - I want my hands to be swaying in the wind, so that people can see that just as we came here with empty hands, we leave too with empty hands, when we are ending the most
valuable treasure, which is our time.

No comments:

Post a Comment