About Me

Karachi
I am Dr Sumaiya Hasan from Karachi, Pakistan.I have done my bachelors in dental surgery.I am a dry and antisocial yet a simple person.My philosophy of life is "be different and do different".I have special affection with nature. If I was not a dentist, I would have been a nature photographer or an artist. I have a poor power of expression and for this reason you wont find any frequent posts on my blog. I usually donot find enough time and words to express my feelings and experiences and most of the times post videos and pictures in relation to my feelings on my blog.

Readers

Saturday, October 27, 2012

A Holy Day Victimized By Our Greeds

Eid, has been everything except being itself in our country. It means everything  except the true eid day..its a Islamic day when we Muslims celebrate happiness because no sin is performed by us that day...this is the true meaning of eid by Islamic dictionary..maybe we should change this day's name atleast for our dear country as we  celebrate it in a totally opposite manner..this day is more about wearing A-one designer's dresses with precious jewellery if you are talking about Ramazan eid and more about delicious meaty feasts if you are talking about Bakra eid..its more about kheer, kalejees, tikka, boti, bihari etc etc..its more about comparing your animal of sacrifice with your relative's animal..unfortunately this is the meaning of eid in our society..and we celebrate it with so much delight because our media has so many cheap programs which they can show us..they have a collection of cheap Indian movies for us on eid day which are not at all according to our Islamic culture..they have a collection of concerts which we can hear and spoil our 'qurbani' and all the 'prayers and good deeds performed by us throughout Ramazan'..and its unfortunate that we still have guts to wish each other 'eid mubarak' with so much pleasure!!






No comments:

Post a Comment