About Me

Karachi
I am Dr Sumaiya Hasan from Karachi, Pakistan.I have done my bachelors in dental surgery.I am a dry and antisocial yet a simple person.My philosophy of life is "be different and do different".I have special affection with nature. If I was not a dentist, I would have been a nature photographer or an artist. I have a poor power of expression and for this reason you wont find any frequent posts on my blog. I usually donot find enough time and words to express my feelings and experiences and most of the times post videos and pictures in relation to my feelings on my blog.

Readers

Friday, January 11, 2013

A Little Kindness Is Always Better Than A Great Deal Of Money

This is now almost an every day sight for me..I work in a dental hospital which is just adjacent to the Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Center  the largest government hospital of our city, Karachi...Morning hours are comparatively peaceful but at noon time while I am returning back to my home, this has become a routine. Every day one or other ambulance gets stuck in the traffic jam..no matter how urgent the patient in the ambulance needs to be taken to the hospital or no matter how urgent the ambulance has to reach an area of emergency, the other cars and buses in the traffic are least bothered..people pretend to become deaf and wont move an inch to give space to the ambulance..as a result every day many deaths are reported due to the ambulance not reaching the patient on time or patient dieing in the ambulance only...its sad that human life is of no value in our country...what could be worst than this...but again in a country like Pakistan, where people donot get the basic necessities of life and where the queues for CNG (compressed natural gas) are so long that they block normal roads,frustration of public is likely to result in such consequences in which people become insensitive and forget about laws of humanity..this is not the end..situation gives you furthur grief when a poor riksha owner would do all to give space to an ambulance in traffic jam but a rich person with a luxurious car of brand new model wont bother to move his costly car just because he fears that he will reach his destination a bit late or his beautiful car will get some injury if he tries to move it in such little space..sad that we are at the lowermost level of humanity and very soon we will be labelled as animals..its sad that the whole road is supposed to get empty when some important person chooses that road to his destination but nothing is done for a person in an ambulance who is at the edge of death.. City government should concentrate more on making separate roads for ambulances instead of building high five flyovers and bridges which are of least importance in an area where such a huge and busy hospital setup is present.



No comments:

Post a Comment