About Me

Karachi
I am Dr Sumaiya Hasan from Karachi, Pakistan.I have done my bachelors in dental surgery.I am a dry and antisocial yet a simple person.My philosophy of life is "be different and do different".I have special affection with nature. If I was not a dentist, I would have been a nature photographer or an artist. I have a poor power of expression and for this reason you wont find any frequent posts on my blog. I usually donot find enough time and words to express my feelings and experiences and most of the times post videos and pictures in relation to my feelings on my blog.

Readers

Monday, March 25, 2013

Running Back And Forth Between Grief And High Delight


There is an explainable term called "pyrexia/fever of unknown origin" in medicine, but "depression of unknown origin" might be a new term for many readers; a condition from which many people suffer. Although "suffer" is a harsh word here as this condition is not a state of disease. "Just not feeling happy or contented" or "being moody" is a short description of this condition which many people experience including the author of this post! Two mysteries are to be solved by the person experiencing this mysterious situation: first why is it happening and second what can be done to solve it. The first mystery remains unsolved for me. The second mystery is still way easier to solve as this moody behaviour sometimes is a characteristic feature of "sunday"..hmm..Sunday!! when this moody behaviour combines with the "university next day" feeling and hence the overall moody feeling is aggravated..so it gradually drains away as the week starts with its normal busy routine..or maybe this state of unknown depression is related to person's individual personality.Sometimes I wonder it happens to those people, who, like the author run after perfection, and get frustrated when they don't achieve it; people like the author who are not satisfied by what they have and always want to have more and better in everything. So Professor Moiz Hussain has described these people in one of his quotes. He says,


"Many people go from one thing to another searching for happiness, but with each new venture, they find themselves more confused and less happy until they discover that what they are searching for is inside themselves and what will make them happy is sharing their real selves with the ones they love"

And now this post is getting confusing like the author and has started to resemble a psychology lesson so I think I should end it here only.
Wishing everyone a busy and hectic week ahead ;)  <evil smile>
and I am jealous of all those people who can sleep in their beds all week and don't have to work!! But are there any such people on Earth??

No comments:

Post a Comment