About Me

Karachi
I am Dr Sumaiya Hasan from Karachi, Pakistan.I have done my bachelors in dental surgery.I am a dry and antisocial yet a simple person.My philosophy of life is "be different and do different".I have special affection with nature. If I was not a dentist, I would have been a nature photographer or an artist. I have a poor power of expression and for this reason you wont find any frequent posts on my blog. I usually donot find enough time and words to express my feelings and experiences and most of the times post videos and pictures in relation to my feelings on my blog.

Readers

Monday, September 16, 2013

The Perfect Middle-Class Preoccupations

You know you are an average middle class Pakistani when:
1. The only route which can lead you to greatness and power is achieving knowledge and getting yourself a good professional degree because your parents donot have heaps of money in their bank accounts for you.
2. You have to wait for a calculated number of days before you can dine out because you cannot just go out for food whenevr you wish just because your budget does not allow you.
3. You are not just a child of your parents but you are also a parent of your younger siblings because you are the one who can fulfil their wishes by money which your parents cannot since they are not as educated as you.
4. Since you have no power of money, your parents divert you from this truth by telling you that God is the greatest power and He can bless you with all you want.
5. You have to do a one year or two year job so that you can collect money if you want to go abroad for higher studies.
6. You loose many battles of life to other people of your age because of lack of powerful sources.
7. You suffer a lot in your professional life because your parents are not professionals and you are the firts child in the house enrolled in a certain degree program and you learn everything from your own bad experiences and not from your parents who unlike other parents are not doctors or engineers.
8. You always have to waste hours on internet while looking around for some scholarships.
9. Aunties get attracted to you for their sons because of your academic background but turn away after knowing your family background.
10. Everyone at your home has tired eyes, and aged faces because everyone is struggling to make the family financially stable and better. 


1 comment: